Saturday, September 29, 2012

As You Go (Don't Forget to share Your Gospel Fuzzy!)

We're getting ready to start hosting Good News Club in the public elementary school this week.  Last Saturday we set up a booth at the local Children's Festival and made around 200 Gospel Fuzzies"  Even Mrs. Hinky Dink, the clown, sported a gospel fuzzy strolling up and down the street!


Sharing the good news of Jesus' life, death and resurrection is exactly what His earthly ministry was about.  I was thinking of the opportunity to share the good news of God's forgiveness with children when I read Matthew 4. 
Matthew 4:23  says, "Jesus was going throughout all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every kind of disease, and every kind of sickness among the people."
When Jesus commands us to go (Mt. 28:18), He asks no less of us than He did of Himself. And the question isn’t will I go.  I already go somewhere everyday.  Each week I go countless places and see many different people.  The real question is how will I go?  Will I go in obedience, making disciples, or will I go in disobedience, seeking my own pleasure and desires?

And you?  How will you go today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please share your experiences, thoughts, questions or comments. Thanks for stopping by.