Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Dripping Honey

This week I am attending a biblical counseling conference.  The days are full and long.  After three 11-hour days of teaching, my brain is mush.

I will say, though, that the most important session we've had all week came this afternoon when Pastor Brad Bigney's challenge became personal.  "What would happen if I asked the people you minister to, 'How can you tell ______________ has been with Jesus?'  Not to find the right answers, not to build up her arsenal, but because she simply delights in her time with Him?" 

Does my love and passion for Jesus stir up hunger in the hearts of others?  Do I leave His banquet table with crumbs on my chest and action-released aroma?  How sweet is my personal relationship and daily time with Jesus?  "We have believers who have no idea what the banquet of Christ tastes like because they're satisfied with the Twinkies of the world" (Pastor Bigney).

Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who trusts in Him. (Ps. 34:8)

"It is a dreary holiness indeed that is merely resisting sin.  The joy of holiness is found in having heard a sweeter song....Grace is the work of the Holy Spirit in transforming our desires so that knowing Jesus becomes sweeter than illicit sex, sweeter than money and what it can buy, sweeter than every fruitless joy.  Grace is God satisfying our souls with his Son so that we're ruined for anything else!" One Thing (Developing a Passion for the Beauty of God), Sam Storms, p. 123, 140.

For the love of Christ controls us, because we have concluded this:  that one has died for all, therefore all have died. 2 Corinthians 5:14

I don't know about you, but the very thought makes my mouth water!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please share your experiences, thoughts, questions or comments. Thanks for stopping by.